Audio Visual and Presentation Services
- The contract shall be made between the client and CVC event services Ltd (The Company)
- The contract shall be subject to the availability of the equipment and staff when required by the client and the company shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever incurred by such lack of availability.
- The company shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever incurred by the client or any other persons either directly or indirectly associated, caused by or arising from late delivery, breakdown, failure, stoppage or unsuitability of or defect in the equipment during the event and the hirer shall indemnify the owner against any such loss or damage.
- The company reserves the right to refuse the installation of any equipment where the operating environment is deemed by the technical person carrying out the installation to be unsuitable or unsafe.
- Where an event is cancelled within 48 hours of the date of the event or special items have been produced for the event, the company reserves the right to charge the client the full amount that would have been due had the event commenced as arranged.
Conditions of Hire
Audio Visual and Presentation Equipment, Event Hire.
The contract shall be made between the hirer and CVC event services Ltd (The Company)
- All equipment remains the property of the company at all times during and after the period of contract. The hirer shall without prejudice to conditions 4 and 8 at all times use every means at his/her disposal to assist the owner to resume possession thereof whether during the hire period if the hirer has lost or relinquished possession of the equipment or at the end of the hire period if it is not returned to the company and hereby authorises the company to enter upon the hirers premises during normal working hours for these specific purposes.
- No variation of these conditions of hire and the terms shown hereon and no conditions in any order, acceptance or other document issued by the hirer shall form part of the contract unless the company has specifically agreed in writing. No conditions or warranties other than those herein specifically set out shall be implied or deemed to be incorporated in or to form part of the contract.
- If the person signing the contract is not the hirer he/she warrants that he/she has the authority of the hirer to enter into this contract on the hirers behalf and shall indemnify the company against all losses, damages, actions, proceedings, costs, claims or demands whatsoever suffered or incurred by the company as a result of any breach of such warranty.
- The hirer shall not assign this contract or re-hire or part with possession of any of the equipment without the written consent of the company.
- The hiring will commence on delivery of the equipment to the hirer and will end on re-delivery of the equipment to the company or upon the expiry of any notice given under condition 6 or upon the payment of any charge made under condition.
- The hiring may be ended at any time by either party by not less than 48 hours notice in writing or without prejudice to any other rights or remedy of the owner by notice in writing at any time to the hirer upon any breach of the terms of the contract by the hirer
- Notwithstanding any other provision of this contract, if the hirer is not a corporate body then the hiring will end not later than the expiry of 3 months from the date of the contract.
- Unless otherwise agreed in writing by the company, the hirer at his/her own expense shall be responsible for the collection from and the return to the owner of the equipment. The equipment shall be at risk of the hirer as to all loss or damage whatsoever during the period of the hiring.
The hirer shall be responsible for insuring the equipment to its full insurable value against all loss or damage whatsoever. Any return note for the equipment issued by the owner at or after the end of the hiring shall not be evidence of the condition of the equipment described in it. Delivery and collection charges at the standard transport rates of the company from time to time shall be paid by the hirer to the company on demand as an extra.
- If the company when required to do so attempts to but is unable to deliver or collect the equipment due to the fault of the hirer, the hirer shall pay delivery or collection charges at the standard transport rates of the company applicable at the date of such attempted delivery or collection.
- The equipment shall be deemed to be in good repair and condition and in accordance with the terms of the contract and to the hirers satisfaction upon delivery to the hirer unless the hirer gives notice in writing to the owner within 24 hours of delivery. no warranty is given that the equipment is suitable for the purpose for which the hirer requires it.
- At all times the hirer shall keep and at the end of the hiring return all equipment in good working order and repair and clean condition and will not in any way alter or repair any part of the equipment. The hirer will pay to the company all losses, costs and expenses whatsoever incurred by the company as a result of any breach of this condition. The charge which will be paid on demand by the hirer to the company for replacing any equipment not returned at the end of the hiring or damaged beyond economical repair shall be the replacement list price of the equipment current at the end of the hiring.
- At all times the hirer shall undertake to use and maintain the equipment strictly in accordance with the manufacturers instructions and to comply with all safety instructions and regulations relating thereto.
- The hirer shall not tamper with, alter or remove any safety or security devices or tamper with, alter, deface or remove any security markings or identification labels.
- The contract for the hiring shall be subject to the availability of the equipment when it is required by the hirer and the company shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever incurred by the hirer or any other persons either directly or indirectly caused by or arising from late delivery, breakdown, failure, stoppage or unsuitability of or defect in the equipment during the hiring and the hirer shall indemnify the company against any such loss or damage.
- The company shall not be liable to the hirer for and the hirer shall at all times and in all respects indemnify the company in respect of all actions, proceedings, costs, claims and demands whatsoever brought by any person for the death of or injury to any person (other than death or injury due to the negligence of the company) or damage to property caused by or arising out of the use of the equipment in any manner whatsoever whether such liability arises under statute or common law or howsoever.
- The hirer shall on demand pay the company such sum or sums as the owner may from time to time in its absolute discretion require as security for hire charges for any period of the hiring and the return of the equipment not covered by sums previously paid as security. The balance of any sums so paid by the hirer shall be refunded without interest after all liabilities of the hirer to the owner have been satisfied in full.
- If the hirer purports to cancel his contract or refuses or fails to accept delivery of the equipment the hirer shall pay to the company by way of liquidated damages 20% of the hire charges payable for the minimum period of the hiring but without prejudice to any other right or remedy of the company.
- If the hirer purports to cancel his contract or refuses or fails to accept delivery of the equipment
- Within 24 hours of the start of the contract and the contract has been arranged in advance, the company
- Reserves the right to charge the hirer a full or partial charge as though the hire had been completed as arranged.